Toby Michael Younis is a full time treasure hunter based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He and his business partner, Shelley Carney, are currently searching for the treasure Forrest Fenn hid someplace in the mountains North of Santa Fe.
He was formerly the CEO and Executive Director at Videotero, LLC, a video-based digital media marketing training, consulting and production company.
Born in Santa Fe, New Mexico, he graduated from St. Michael’s High School in 1966 and attended the University of New Mexico from September 1966 to December, 1969 when he enlisted in the United States Army. He spent five years in the Special Operations Detachment of the Army Security Agency including 2 years service in the Republic of Viet Nam. He is a wounded and decorated veteran of combat.
After his military service, Mr. Younis lived in Washington, DC from 1974 to 2010. He served with the National Security Agency as an intelligence analyst from 1974 to 1979. During this period he also completed his college education with a degree in Visual Arts from the Corcoran School of Art and Design at George Washington University in 1978.
Upon leaving the Agency, Mr. Younis formed Videotero, LLC. From 1979 to 2010 he worked on over 200 photographic, cinemagraphic, and videographic projects for 17 different agencies in the U. S. Intelligence Community. In 1995 he formed B2G Marketing Consulting, LLC to provide government marketing advice and training to Federal Contractors. He has also produced more than 50 television programs for Public Access Stations in Fairfax, Virginia; Miami, Florida; San Francisco, California; and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
He is father to six children and grandfather to ten.
Mr. Younis retired the first time, and returned to New Mexico in 2010. Since then he’s:
• Re-engineered and managed the Central Avenue Facility for uPUBLIC.tv, Albuquerque’s public access television services contractor.
• Conducted 120 classes on television and film production.
• Brought the WESST Enterprise Center Comcast Digital Media Studio to full operational status.
Produced, Directed, Directed Photography and/or Edited these documentaries:
• The Threads of Devotion: The Wardrobe of La Conquistadora for the Spanish Colonial Arts Museum
• ARTFeast Santa Fe for ARTSmart
• The Food Depot: Feeding Northern New Mexico for The Food Depot of Santa Fe
• Stories of the Spill: A Lesson in Democracy with Janet Bridgers of Earth Alert
• Heroes of the Coast with Janet Bridgers of Earth Alert
• Adelante! The Voice of New Mexico’s Progressive Movement. A documentary short that premiered at the 2015 Santa Fe Labor Film Festival. With Shelley Carney.
• Shredder and Sativa: A Love Story. A documentary short produced for the 2015 Fusion Doc Challenge. With Shelley Carney. Premiering at the 2016 Taos Shortz Film Fest.
• My Father’s Hands, My Mother’s Heart. A documentary short produced for the 2016 Everyday Humans Competition. Premiering at the 2017 Taos Shortz Film Fest.
Produced, Directed, Directed Photography and/or Edited these narrative short films:
• Sting, Directed by Sophia Bungay
• Sophia and the Mysterious School, Directed by Rosa Linda Roman
• Comfort, Written, Produced and Starring Shelley Carney.
• Critter Chase: Produced, Written, Directed, DP, Editor.
Produced, Directed, Directed Photography and/or Edited these public access television programs:
• New Mexican Santera with Sean Wells
• New Mexican Tinsmith with Jason Younis
• Renewable New Mexico for the New Mexico Solar Energy Association with Janet Bridgers
• New Mexico Media Makers with Shelley Carney
Current project include:
My Instagram Account: Toby on Instagram